Safety Nets & Koi Pond Nets
Pool Sentinel safety nets have been rigourously tested to meet the highest quality and safety standards. Our nets have a 100% safety record when installed by us.
- All safety nets are custom fitted to suit your swimming pool, and utilise an easy release system with a Central Tensioning Device via a series of pulleys and draw tension ropes to ensure a ‘drum skin tight’ safety net. Only adults are able to release this tension on the net!
- On swimming pools with a width of 3.00m or wider a central float is added to the central tensioning system as additional safety precaution, this ensures that the net remains above the water and especially when the swimming pool water level is raised due to rain.
- All netting used by Pool Sentinel is highly UV, climate and chemical resistant, and is constructed with 10 cm mesh squares complying with the Western Province Building Regulations and Safety standards. (Too small for a child or even a small dog to fall through).
- The net itself comprises of 3.5mm durable High Density Polyethylene strands which are pre-shrunk and autoclaved (all peripheral knots are heat sealed to prevent slippage).
- Pool Sentinel attaches the swimming pool net to the coping or decking by means of stainless steel hooks clipping into nylon, colour coded plates. These plates are attached to the coping by means of stainless steel screws.
- The net is further strengthened by binding the outer edge and heat sealing of all the loose ends to prevent slippage and fraying. A completed net will be drumskin tight for maximum child safety and aesthetically pleasing due to the custom fitment. Children will be unable to lift the net at any point nor climb underneath it.
- Automatic pool cleaners work perfectly underneath the safety net, as does the installation of solar blankets.
- All nets and workmanship come with a standard 3 year guarantee!
- We also provide a safety net repair service, and we also are able to refit safety nets that have been removed from the pool for prolonged periods.
We currently supply our DIY Safety Nets to all parts of Africa including Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe as well as all parts of RSA. This option comes with a complete list of components necessary to complete the fitting but also includes full installation instructions and pictures where these are required. This option is also a benefit where the reduction of total cost of the safety net is required.